2011. A new year. A fresh start. A blank slate. Another tired cliché. Rather than make some new resolutions, how about we see how I did on last year's lofty aspirations?
- Get better at responding to e-mails (including Facebook messages and posts). Two day delay, tops.
Eh, I wasn't great at doing this, but I think I was better than before. A little.
- Start AND finish at least one these epic-length books: The Count of Monte Cristo, Gone with the Wind, The Stand, or Atlas Shrugged.
I read the extended and uncut edition of The Shining! I think this year I'm going to tackle The Lord of the Rings.
- Start AND finish at least one of these epic-length video games, including their DLC: Fallout 3 or Grand Theft Auto IV.
Nope. I did finish Fable II, though, and that's pretty epic. I'd still like to get those games, as well as Fable III and Red Dead Redemption.
- Finish compiling the mix CD that I promised a friend of mine.
Yup. It was actually more of an audio and video project, not just a mere mix CD. And it was warmly received.
- Watch all of the various Britcoms that I've already procured. I kept promising and promising to blog about them, but obviously didn't.
- Read more of the Bible. I've really slacked off in this department.
I sucked at this, too.
- Post more substance here, less lazy YouTube hit and runs. Hopefully, that'll get people to actually, you know, read this blog (no offense to my three regulars).
Yeah, this blog is still pretty much a YouTube-links-and-pictures-of-attractive-women repository with only a smattering of substance. But I have a new feature in mind that should last at least a year. If only I could muster the initiative to start it.
- Create a super secret online Christmas thingamajig.
Done: A Very Micah Christmas. The plan is to make every one of my Christmas mixes since 1999 available digitally on that blog. But I've at least started it and posted 2010's mix there.
- Totally revamp this blog's layout and name.
Didn't touch 'em. In fact, I've procured even more since then. *sigh*
Fail. I should check Go Daddy and see if there are any domain name coupons. I'm still bored with the layout and would like to get a custom one. Any kind souls want to do that for me?
Anyway, in 2011 I'll just build on what I couldn't do over the past 365 days. The only thing that I'll add is that I intend to get rid of my mounting paper clutter. Why do I save all of these gas station receipts? And you'd think after two moves over the last five years that I'd learn not to amass an immense archive of unread magazines. So, henceforth I will read and toss new ones out shortly after they arrive.
I can probably do all of that. Or maybe I'll just wait until 2012 to get things done. Then again, the world's going to end then, so what's the point?