Yesterday afternoon was the official end of my mancation* at the Greenbrier and I'm still kind of beat, so this part of the recap will be brief. I'm simply going to list what was served at our BBQ Mastery class's welcome reception:
- Cornbread, Country Rolls, and Buttermilk Biscuits with Sweet Butter
- Baby Spinach, Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Marinated cucumber and Tomato Salad with Fresh Thyme
- Roasted Potato Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Platter with Basil Pesto
- Fresh Mozzarella and Sliced Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- Grilled Gulf Shrimp with Herbs and Garlic
- Smoked Sirloin of Beef with Wild Mushroom Jus
- Smoked Rack of Lamb
- Smoked Salmon
- Greenbrier Smoked Peach Tea Quail with Peach Tea BBQ Sauce
- Braised Collard Greens with Smoked Bacon
- Corn Pudding
- Country Style Green Beans
- Smoked Tomato Grits
- Country Spoon Bread
- Greenbrier Peaches with Whipped Cream
- S'mores Pie
- Warm Berry Cobbler
- Jack Daniels Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Granny Smith Apple Pie
No, I didn't try everything that was offered, but I will say that each day we consumed Michael Phelps-levels of grilled food. Last night I just had a bowl of Special K for dinner and I was perfectly fine with that.
*My uncle, brother, brother-in-law, two cousins, family friend, and I doing manly activities. Oh, and my aunt spent time riding horses, shopping, and chilling at the spa.
Holy hell. That's a lot of food!
Did you learn a lot? Are you ready for a throw down?
Yeah, I learned a bunch. I'd lose in a fight against a professional such as yourself, though. Kitchen Stadium is a ways off for me.
Post a Comment