Tuesday, December 09, 2008
mistleTunes and Holly
I've strung the last bit of tinsel on this year's edition of A Very Micah Christmas and now a big, warm mugful of Christmas music is ready for download. Like usual, it was a lot of fun to put together. Since I've been doing this for nine years now, a lot of the seasonal standards have already been used, but luckily new classics seem to come out every year.
Songs that you'll (hopefully) be enjoying this Yule:
1. "White Winter Hymnal" - Fleet Foxes
2. "It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas" - Shane & Shane
3. "All My Bells Are Ringing" - Lenka
4. "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" - Dean Martin
5. "Let It Snow" - A Fine Frenzy
6. "The Christmas Song" - The Raveonettes
7. "Wake Up! It's Christmas!" - C.W. Morris
8. "It's Christmas So We'll Stop" - Frightened Rabbit
9. "Why Can't It Be Christmastime All Year" - Rosie Thomas
10. "Jingle Bells" - Rev. Horton Heat
11. "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" - Dustin Kensrue
12. "Toy Packaging" - Sara Groves
13. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - C.W. & Laura Morris
14. "Holly Jolly Christmas" - Bon Voyage
15. "A Cold, Cold Christmas" - Stephen Colbert
16. "River" - Sixpence None The Richer
17. "Home For The Holidays" - Perry Como
18. "It Really Is (A Wonderful Life)" - Mindy Smith
19. "Are You Coming Over For Christmas?" - Belle and Sebastian
20. "Winter Wonderland" - Ella Fitzgerald
21. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" - Tony Bennett
22. "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Psapp's Lady Remix)" - Les Brown And His Band Of Renown
23. "We Three Kings Of Orient Are" - Stan Kenton
24. "O Come All Ye Faithful" - Faith Hill
25. "Silent Night" - Frank Sinatra
26. "My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year)" - Regina Spektor
27. a surprise!
Conveniently grab a .zip file of the whole shebang here.
I'd love to hear what you think of this Christmas mix. Go ahead...leave a comment.
Unlike last year, I got off of my duff and actually tagged the songs correctly so that they will appear as one album when loaded into your iTunes, iPod, or what have you. Also, all songs are in mp3 format (you're welcome, Zune owners), but the volume level varies from track to track. Sorry 'bout that.
I'd like to thank my nephew Hunter for his invaluable assistance in helping me with the CD artwork and my brother and sister-in-law for their contributions (tracks 7 & 13). Friends and locals should recognize some of the imagery in the former song.
Unfortunately, my contacts - or I should say spydrz's contacts - at the Corner Cafe have dried up, so there currently aren't any plans for the usual "CD release party." But if you have access to a bar or restaurant's PA system, hook me up and I'll give you a CD and my gratitude.