Today was my second attempt* at hitting up the temp agency and, lo and behold, they have a three week assignment for me starting tomorrow. Just when I was getting used to being a bum. Oh, well. My savings will only take me until the end of this month, so it's for the best. Maybe.
1. won't default on my student loan and other bills
2. will have enough scrilla left over to actually do more than one social thing a week
3. more constructive use of my time than the PS2 and porn
1. have to shave everyday
2. have to wear shoes (summers are for flip-flops, dammit)
3. commute's a bitch
4. less time for PS2 and porn
I'll be spending my nights between the houses of my sister and spydrz. Otherwise, I'd be driving about 75 miles a day. I'd go into some lecture about our dependence on foreign oil, yada yada, but really it's just a damn long time to be in the car each day.
*I went to a more local temp agency last week, all dressed up in my suit, French cuffed shirt, Brooks Brothers tie, etc. ALL of the other potential temps were in t-shirts and jeans. It didn't really give off a "we have plenty of professional places to locate you" vibe. I don't think I'll be calling on that agency in the future.