- A species of lemur has been named after John Cleese. I think a newt would've been a better choice.
- Michael Jackson caused a stir when he was seen applying makeup in a public women's restroom in the United Arab Emerites. Make your own joke.
- Bruce Willis is offering $1 million to anyone who turns in al-Qaeda terrorist leaders. The terrorists will then get walk-on parts in Hudson Hawk II. (He gets respect for questioning why the good things happening in Iraq are going underreported.)
- McDonald's Japan added shrimp burgers to its menu. I'm simultaneously repulsed and intrigued.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets acquired aging hockey legend Sergei Federov. Now maybe they'll win a game or two.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Hump Day News Round-Up
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The ShrimpBurger is no substitute for KrustyBurger's Ribwich.
Ribwich mascot: Hey, hey, the Ribwich is back.
Homer: (Gasp!) The Ribwich! The commercials have come to pass.
Ribwich mascot: Try the new Ribwich. It's so good you'll croak.
Homer: You seem like an impartial observer. But I've been fooled by so many people in costumes.
Ribwich mascot: Try the sauce. I'm soaked in it.
Homer: Oh, I could lick you all day long.
Ribwich mascot: And yet my children think I'm a failure.
In other real world news, McDonald's is burying the McRib, too. That "sandwich" was just scary.
Now that I think about it, Emeril made shrimp burgers on his show once and they looked good. Maybe Japanese engineering has perfected the food.
He got better.
Post a Comment