Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Micah World summer movie preview
Any excuse to put a pic of her up.
Memorial Day has come and gone, so that means only one thing: no more mattress sales until Labor Day. And summer movie season has begun! I've compiled a list of movies that I wouldn't mind handing over good money for (ranked in order of anticipation):
1) Land of the Dead (June 24): I loooooove zombie movies. This one is written and directed by the master of the genre, George Romero. The buildup for another zombie movie from him has been 20 years. I may be outing myself as a total geek, but this is definitely the summer movie that I want to see the most (next to Sith). Of course, everyone already knows of my geeky tendencies.
2) Batman Begins (June 17): I've been wanting to see a good Batman flick for years now. Clooney and his bat nipples are out. American Psycho is in. I'm buying Sno-Caps.
3) Untitled Mike Judge Project (aka 3001) (August 5): The comedic genius behind Office Space, "King of the Hill," and "Beavis and Butthead" finally makes another movie. No description is necessary.
4) War of the Worlds (June 29): Well, the trailer kicks butt. Cruise and Spielberg's last sci-fi effort (Lawnmower Man) was pretty good.
5) Mr. and Mrs. Smith (June 10): Hot damn! Angelina Jolie has never looked more radiant. Add some explosions and my man-crush on Brad Pitt and I'll fork over my $6.50 (no, I am never going to get rid of my student ID).
6) Fantastic Four (July 8): Next to the Punisher, Superman and Spiderman, the Fantastic Four were my favorite comic book heroes (again: geek). The Commish/Vic Mackey as Ben Grimm? Yep!
7) The Wedding Crashers (July 15): Vince Vaughn. Owen Wilson. Christopher Walken. A raunchy comedy. I'm there.
Honorable mention: Herbie: Fully Loaded (June 24). I doubt I'll watch this one in the theater, but it'll be nice to take a trip down Memory Lane to when Lindsay Lohan had schnoobs. Misty water-colored memories...
A Wash: The Island (July 22). I love Scarlett Johansson and Ewan McGregor. I don't like Michael Bay. I have no clue what this movie's about. A little more research is needed on this one.
Oh, Dear Lord, Why?: The Honeymooners (June 10). Cedric the Entertainer as Ralph Kramden. This one should be sent to the moon.
Most Anticipated Movie That I Thought Was Coming Out This Summer But Is Indeed Coming Out This Fall: Strangers with Candy (October 28). I absolutely love the now-defunct TV show. If the strong un-PC humor is kept intact, this ought to be hilarious.