- Three out of four Americans eat dinner at home, but 57 meals a year are takeout, either from restaurants or supermarkets.
- There are more Chinese restaurants in the United States than McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King combined.
- Coffee is the top breakfast food consumed: 53% of Americans drink it.
- One out of every five restaurant meals were purchased from a car.
- Italian, Mexican and Chinese remain the most popular ethnic cuisines overall, with Japanese coming in a distant fourth.
- 30% of consumers think restaurant portions are too large and 62% say there are not enough small portions available on menus.
- Dessert sales continue to erode, with desserts being ordered on only 26 percent of restaurant visits.
Wow. Kind of makes you think, doesn't it? Okay, it doesn't. But it's interesting. Kind of.
Post a Comment